Your Account

Our History

Covenant Presbyterian Church in Oviedo

CPCLogo_Sermon History in Winter Park

In 1969 Covenant Presbyterian Church (CPC) started as Immanuel Evangelical Presbyterian Church, located in the Goldenrod community in Winter Park as a plant of the Reformed Presbyterian Church, Evangelical Synod (RPCES).  The growth of the church coincided with the founding in 1972 of Covenant Christian School as a ministry of the church.

The church's association with the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) came in 1982 when the RPCES merged with the PCA. The church was then renamed Howell Branch Fellowship shortly thereafter. The church attained its current name in the late 1990s.

History in Oviedo

Having contributed many member families to several other PCA church plants in Orlando over the years, the elders and members felt led by God to move to the rapidly-growing city of Oviedo in 2002.  CPC Oviedo began worshiping in the Chapel at Reformed Theological Seminary and over the next couple years purchased property on Route 419 in Oviedo after selling the property in Winter Park.

In October 2010, a few months after the Rev. Randy Greenwald was called as pastor, CPC began worshiping at Partin Elementary School in Oviedo, just a short distance from the 419 property. A church office was also established across from the school at the Riverside Retail Shoppes. Earlier in 2013 the congregation decided, at first, to sell part of the 419 property and eventually the entire piece.

One year later the session of CPC was approached by the owners of property located at 1925 W County Road 419, directly across from the property that was sold. The congregation unanimously approved the session to pursue purchase of the property previously occupied by Water Stone Fellowship.  On June 30 the seven acres officially came into the possession of CPC and the first worship service was held August 3.

We rejoice in the Lord for this new opportunity to worship in a permanent facility and look forward to new people joining us in building gospel community.